If you have questions about the survey that are not clarified below and need answers now, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is invited to take the survey?
- Career employees (academic and staff) affiliated with the Davis Campus were invited to take the 2021 Academic and Staff Satisfaction Survey. This includes:
> Off-campus employees (e.g., Reprographics, employees on Cousteau Place, Office of Research employees)
> Employees at remote facilities - Bodega and TERC
> Employees at UC Davis Health will NOT receive an invitation to complete this year’s survey only, to allow them to focus on pandemic response. This includes employees in the Schools of Nursing and Medicine, and the Medical Center.
> Temporary, student and some contract employees (e.g., Continuing and Professional Education teaching positions)
> Employees on paid or extended leave
> Emeritus faculty
Some small populations of employees were not invited to take the survey at the suggestion of the survey administrator, UC San Diego. Their recommendation to the various schools and organizations using this tool is to solicit responses from those most likely to have had significant experience with the various service lines over the last 12 months.
If you feel you should have been included in the survey, please email the project team to inquire.
- How do I take the survey?
- On February 17, you will receive an email inviting you to take the survey. In that email, you have a link that will take you right to the survey. Otherwise, the last five letters from that link are your unique access code. You can go directly to the survey page and enter that unique access code.
- Which units or service lines are participating in the survey this year?
- This year, more than 60 service lines are seeking evaluation between the Finance, Operations and Administration division, Information and Educational Technology, the Office of Research and the Offices of the Chancellor and Provost. Your confidential survey responses will contribute to each unit’s efforts to improve business processes and customer service. The purpose of this survey is to establish an objective framework for continually assessing the effectiveness of campus administrative services. See descriptions of the service lines included in the survey to determine which services you should evaluate, based on your interactions in 2020.
- Why am I receiving this survey?
- Faculty members, academic staff members and administrative staff members are invited to provide feedback on university administrative services as part of an ongoing framework to assess the effectiveness of these services.
- What if I can't find the service line I am looking for?
- If you can’t find a particular service line, type the name or keywords into the search box. You will be directed to the service lines that most closely match your search. Not every administrative unit is participating in the survey.
- Are my responses confidential?
- Yes, the Academic and Staff Satisfaction Survey is confidential. The survey administrator (in this case, UC San Diego) is able to identify the respondent, but this information is not shared with us. It remains private.
- How long will the survey take to complete?
- Each service line you select to evaluate should take approximately 2-3 minutes to complete. Your progress will be saved so you can complete the survey in multiple sittings.
- What if I can't finish it all at once?
- If you cannot finish the survey all at once, you can return to it at a later time. Click the FINISH LATER button. Your responses will be saved from where you left off. Be sure to keep your original invite email to re-enter the survey. Once you hit SUBMIT SURVEY, your survey has been submitted, and you cannot return to make any changes.
- What should I do if I notice a technical problem with the survey?
- If you are having technical issues with the survey, do not submit your entire survey. Save your progress and then email us about the issue at email@example.com.
- What are the standard questions?
- Using a five-point scale (5 = Extremely Satisfied to 1 = Not at all Satisfied), you will be asked the same 12 questions for each department you select to evaluate:
- Thinking of your OVERALL experience with [service line], how would you rate your satisfaction with it during the past 12 months?
- Accessible to customers (via phone, voicemail, e-mail, etc.)
- Responsive to requests or problems within an acceptable time
- Provide effective advice, support and guidance
- Facilitates problem resolution
- Knowledgeable staff
- Helpful Staff
- Effectively use <website URL> to provide staff access to [service line] information and services
- Moving in a positive direction to better meet my department’s needs
- How likely is it that you would recommend [service line] to a friend or colleague?
- Let us know what you like best about your experience with [service line]
- Let us know your suggestion on how to improve [service line]
- Are there any other questions besides the standard ones?
- Yes, each service line has the ability to ask up to five additional questions unique to their business. But each service line you select should only take 2-3 minutes to evaluate.
- How will the information be used?
- Executive leadership and department managers will review the results at the conclusion of the survey to help identify opportunities for improvement. Survey results will be released and posted on the survey website for transparency and to show progress toward providing better service to customers.
- Where will employees find out about the survey results?
- Please check back on the survey website to find survey results after the surveys have been completed and analyzed.
- Will the survey be given again?
- Yes, we have committed to conducting the survey annually, for a total of five years. This year, 2021, is the 4th time UC Davis services have been evaluated via the Academic and Staff Satisfaction Survey.
- Schedule of this year's survey
- Survey opens on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021.
A reminder email will be sent out on Feb. 23.
A final reminder email will be sent out Mar. 11
The last day to participate in the survey is Friday, March 12, 2021.
- For survey help
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org