If you have questions about the survey that are not clarified below and need answers now, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention: Due to the current situation with COVID-19 and change in operating status, we are currently unable to distribute gifts. When operating status returns to normal, we will provide additional guidance on expanded opportunities to pick up survey gifts. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- How do I take the survey?
- On February 19, you will receive an email inviting you to take the survey. In that email, you have a link that will take you right to the survey. Otherwise, the last five letters from that link are your unique access code. You can go directly to the survey page and enter that unique access code.
- Our gift to you!
- We understand your time is valuable. To show our appreciation, when you complete the survey, you will receive a barcode to redeem one of the following UC Davis gift items while supplies last: UC Davis T-shirt, mug or insulated lunch tote. Gift items will be available for pickup at the UC Davis Campus Store guest services desk or at the UC Davis Health Fitness Center. Just show your survey completion message to an associate. If you don't work at the Sacramento or Davis campuses, we recommend selecting one person from your office to collect all co-workers' barcodes and make a trip to one of the two locations. Participation gifts will be available while supplies last and must be picked up by March 26 at the latest.
- My barcode isn't printing, what can I do?
- If you're printing directly from a web browser and the barcode isn't appearing, then we recommend you use the Print to PDF function to scale the size of the image to fit to one page. Then print the saved PDF and the barcode should appear. In addition, you can use an electronic image to redeem your gift. As long as the survey is open from Feb 19 to Mar 15, then you will be able to view the coupon at the survey URL.
- Can I come back and print my gift coupon after I finish the survey?
- Yes, but make sure you print your gift coupon before the survey closes on March 15. After that, you will not be able to get back into the survey. Participation gifts will be available while supplies last, until March 26 at the latest.
- My gift coupon is not showing up after I complete the survey. How can I find it?
- If you have pop-up blockers installed on your web browser, you might not see the gift voucher. In that case, email email@example.com and we can provide you with your gift coupon.
- Which units or service lines are participating in the survey this year?
- This year, more than 60 service lines are seeking evaluation between the Finance, Operations and Administration division, the Office of Research, Academics, and the Offices of the Chancellor and Provost. Your confidential survey responses will contribute to each unit’s efforts to improve business processes and customer service. The purpose of this survey is to establish an objective framework for continually assessing the effectiveness of campus administrative services. See descriptions of the service lines included in the survey to determine which services you should evaluate, based on your interactions in 2019.
- Why didn't I get an invitation to take the survey?
- Some small populations of employees were not invited to take the survey at the suggestion of the survey administrator, UC San Diego. Their recommendation to the various schools and organizations using this tool is to solicit responses from those most likely to have had significant experience with the various service lines over the last 12 months.
Employee populations not included in the survey include temporary, student and some contract employees (e.g., Continuing and Professional Education teaching positions), as well as employees on paid leave. The survey administrator explained that often temporary employees have not experienced administrative services over an extended period, which we were advised can decrease confidence in the data. In addition, employees on extended leave or emeritus faculty were excluded from the list as a courtesy. There are exceptions to be sure, and if you feel you should have been included in the survey, please email the project team to inquire.
- Why am I receiving this survey?
- Faculty members, academic staff members and administrative staff members are invited to provide feedback on university administrative services as part of an ongoing framework to assess the effectiveness of these services.
- What if I can't find the service line I am looking for?
- If you can’t find a particular service line, type the name or keywords into the search box. You will be directed to the service lines that most closely match your search. Not every administrative unit is participating in the survey.
- Are my responses confidential?
- Yes, the Academic and Staff Satisfaction Survey is confidential. The survey administrator (in this case, UC San Diego) is able to identify the respondent, but this information is not shared with us. It remains private.
- How long will the survey take to complete?
- Each service line you select to evaluate should take approximately 2-3 minutes to complete. Your progress will be saved so you can complete the survey in multiple sittings.
- What if I can't finish it all at once?
- If you cannot finish the survey all at once, you can return to it at a later time. Click the FINISH LATER button. Your responses will be saved from where you left off. Be sure to keep your original invite email to re-enter the survey. Once you hit SUBMIT SURVEY, your survey has been submitted, and you cannot return to make any changes.
- What should I do if I notice a technical problem with the survey?
- If you are having technical issues with the survey, do not submit your entire survey. Save your progress and then email us about the issue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are the standard questions?
- Using a five-point scale (5 = Extremely Satisfied to 1 = Not at all Satisfied), you will be asked the same 12 questions for each department you select to evaluate:
- Thinking of your OVERALL experience with [service line], how would you rate your satisfaction with it during the past 12 months?
- Accessible to customers (via phone, voicemail, e-mail, etc.)
- Responsive to requests or problems within an acceptable time
- Provide effective advice, support and guidance
- Facilitates problem resolution
- Knowledgeable staff
- Helpful Staff
- Effectively use <website URL> to provide staff access to [service line] information and services
- Moving in a positive direction to better meet my department’s needs
- How likely is it that you would recommend [service line] to a friend or colleague?
- Let us know what you like best about your experience with [service line]
- Let us know your suggestion on how to improve [service line]
- Are there any other questions besides the standard ones?
- Yes, each service line has the ability to ask up to five additional questions unique to their business. But each service line you select should only take 2-3 minutes to evaluate.
- How will the information be used?
- Executive leadership and department managers will review the results at the conclusion of the survey to help identify opportunities for improvement. Survey results will be released and posted on the survey website for transparency and to show progress toward providing better service to customers.
- Where will employees find out about the survey results?
- Please check back on the survey website to find survey results after the surveys have been completed and analyzed.
- Will the survey be given again?
- Yes, we have committed to conducting the survey annually, for a total of five years. This year, 2020, is the third time UC Davis services have been evaluated via the Academic and Staff Satisfaction Survey.
- Schedule of this year's survey
- Survey opens on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020.
A reminder email will be sent out on Feb. 26.
A final reminder email will be sent out Mar. 10
The last day to participate in the survey is Sunday, March 15, 2020.
- For survey help
- Contact email@example.com